When did he stop treating you like a princess?
Domestic violence and abuse can happen to anyone, but the vast majority of victims are young girls and women simply because they are “the weaker sex”.
Did you know:
- On average, 2 women a week are killed by a current or former male partner. This constitutes nearly 40% of all female homicide victims.
- 45% of women are abused/raped by current husbands or partners, 9% by former partners, and a further 29% of perpetrators were otherwise known to the victim. Only 17% are attacked by by strangers.
- 44% of victims of domestic violence are involved in more than one incident. A large number of women experience the same abuse every week.
- On average, a woman is assaulted 35 times before her first call to the police.
- 30% of domestic violence either starts or will intensify during pregnancy.
- In almost 75% of incidents, a child is present or in a room closeby.
THIS HAS GOT TO STOP. IT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE THIS WAY.
It’s time to show the world that we are not weak and we will simply not stand for this kind of ill treatment. Women should be treated as princesses, like Ariel and Cinderella, who never have to live in fear of their so-called Prince Charming.
It’s time to stand up. To speak out. To be heard.
Women’s domestic abuse/violence helplines (worlwide):
- Women’s Aid/National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
- EB Women’s Aid: 0800 0852 654
- Refuge: 020 7395 7713
- Wales Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0808 80 10 800
- Women’s Aid Federation (Northern Ireland): 0800 917 1414
- National Centre for Domestic Violence: 0844 8044 999
- WDA Helpline: 0161 636 7525
- Rape Crisis support: 0808 802 9999
- Relate: 0300 100 1234
- Kiran Asian women’s aid: 020 8558 1986
- Independent Choices: 0161 636 7525
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 or 1-800-787-3224
- DAHMW: 1-888-743-5754
- Safe Horizon for DA/V: 800.621.HOPE (4673)
- Safe Horizon for Rape: 212.227.3000
- Love Is Respect: 1-866-331-9474
- National Teen Dating abuse/violence:
866-331-9474 or 866-331-8453
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network): 1-800-656-4673
- White Ribbon: 02 9045 8444
- National Sexual Assault/Family/Domestic hotline: 1800 737 732
- LifeLine: 13 11 14
- The Women’s Domestic Violence Crisis Service:
(03) 9322 3555 or STD Freecall 1800 015 188
- Sexual Assault Crisis Line: 1800 806 292
- Domestic Violence Victoria, AUS: 9921 0828
- DVConnect Womensline - Queensland: 1800 811 811
OTHER/MORE - some repeats:
- National Child Abuse Helpline: 1-800-422-4453
- National Domestic Violence Crisis Line: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline (TDD): 1-800-787-32324
- Center for the Prevention of School Violence: 1-800-299-6504
- Child Abuse Helpline: 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453)
- Domestic Violence Helpline: 1-800-548-2722
- Healing Woman Foundation (Abuse): 1-800-477-4111
- Child Abuse Hotline Support & Information: 1-800-792-5200
- Women’s Aid National Domestic Violence Helpline: (UK Only) 0345 023 468
- Sexual Abuse Centre: (UK Only) 0117 935 1707
- Sexual Assault Support (24/7, English & Spanish): 1-800-223-5001
- Domestic & Teen Dating Violence (English & Spanish): 1-800-992-2600
- Relationships Australia: 1300-364-277
- Criminal Law Advice Line: 020 7251 8887
Let’s put a stop to women’s domestic violence and abuse - FULL STOP.
If you’re being treated in a way you know isn’t right, pick up the phone and get help. And get out. IT IS NEVER TOO LATE FOR YOUR HAPPILY EVER AFTER. IT’S TIME TO CHANGE.
If in need of immediate help from abuse/violence, call the police (999/911 etc).
We’re in this together.
"When did he stop treating you like a princess?"/It doesn’t have to be this way - DISCLAIMER: I do not own these images. Courtesy of Saint Hoax.
FIND OUT MORE HERE.
Hey everyone, I made a new blog: http://rpg-horror-girls.tumblr.com/
So, check it out if you want to, and follow if you like!
Amber Alert: FBI join search for children after mom’s body found shot dead in vacant Detroit, Michigan house June 6th, 2014
Alicia Fox, the 27-year-old mother had been shot multiple times, twice in the head and was wrapped in blankets and hidden underneath a door.
The location of her two children, Kaylah Neveah Hunter, age 6, and Kristian Dejuan Justice, 6 months, remains unknown. Detroit police described Fox’s daughter, Kaylah, as 4-foot-7, 65 pounds, with a light complexion and black hair in cornrows. Police did not release a physical description of the baby Kristian Justice.
Police are looking for Fox’s burgundy Chevy Impala, which has a license plate of CCR 1286.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Detroit Police Department’s Criminal Investigations at (313) 596-1240 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-SPEAK-UP or 911.
Over the weekend, #NotGoingtoBrazil and #NoVoyABrasilPorque became populist hotbeds of anger and frustration at the Brazilian government. While these hashtags are certainly reminiscent of #SochiProblems, the tweets are less focused on unfinished hotels and toilet troubles and more on the underlying political and infrastructural problems that have plagued this World Cup.
This man is a rapist. His name is Steven James and he is not 30 years old. He is 43 years old, a travel nurse, and a pedophile. Do. Not. Trust. Him.
This looks like OKC so if you use it and love around Raleigh, stay safe!!
(This is actually the tinder application which is a lot easier to hide on than OKC)-Steven James is active within the BDSM community and the adult entertainment industry. He targets young, white, single mothers. (my family were not his first victims) As a travel nurse he bounces from hospital to hospital in the tri-state area and is known to frequent Raleigh, Durham, Winston-Salem, Statesville, and Kernersville.
He raped me for nine months from the day I turned twelve until my family moved out of his condo in winston salem. When I returned to Chapel Hill he continued to make trips to visit my family and abused me while he was here. In March of 2006 I disclosed about my abuse to my art teacher who contacted department of social services and the police. when Winston Salem authorities were made aware of the case they sent social workers to his home to ask him about the allegations. To avoid losing his nursing privileges he fled to Ohio for a few years until things died down.
He is extremely dangerous, armed, and has extensive knowledge of technology (including how to find me should he see this). I am prepared for the backlash associated with this post and its reblogs. I am prepared to deal with the possible shut down of my blog for this post. I am prepared for him to find me. He has taken drastic steps to change his appearance, including what looks like botox and collagen injections. I am wholly positive that I am not mistaken. You do not forget the face of the person who killed what was inside you and you never will.
I know that I will never get justice for what he has done and the subsequent events that followed my disclosure, but I hope that with this post he wont be able to ever hurt someone else.Thank you for all of the support i have received. Thank you for your words, your efforts, your reblogs, your thirst for justice.
Be safe, be aware, be critical.
Signal boost the hell out of this. This man is very dangerous. You could save a life.
Wowww, He’s all over NC. Stay safe people and be careful.
Oh shit, this is in my area.
2SECONDS TO REBLOG COULD SAVE A LIFE
Disney Concept Art
Reblog if you care.
If you don’t reblog, you have no heart. It wont kill you to have this on your tumblr.
turn it down senpai
You have been visited by Baljeet, the Failed Test. If you do not reblog within ten seconds, you will fail your finals.
too risky man